Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Joining the world of blogging


This is my first ever experience writing a blog. I'm so new to this, I don't quite know where to begin. I guess I can say that I thought that this blogging thing might be a good idea as it would allow my family, friends and co-workers to follow me through my training and competition season in this important year.

The ski season is just around the corner, and even though there is not a snowflake in the air here in Ottawa, my first races are actually this weekend. I'm off to snowy Canmore, Alberta, tomorrow for a biathlon training camp and races. It promises to be a busy few days with skiing and shooting practices in the mornings and pictures and meetings in the afternoons. Still, it'll be so nice to finally get off the pavement and onto snow. Here's hoping that tonight was the last I saw of rollerskis until next summer!

Well, I guess I should end my first entry here and go pack my skis, boots and racing gear. Tomorrow will be a long day of airports and airplanes. I hope Air Canada has good movies playing!

4 comments:

  1. You go girl!!! I will be thinking of you, ski hard and remember the MikePod :-) safe travels!
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Margarita!!
    Have a good biathlon training camp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First you're on cereal boxes, now a blog, I can't wait to see what you'll do next.
    I think that was a good start to the world of blogging. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited that I'll now be able to keep track of your racing career, even when life gets in the way and I don't talk to you as much as I'd like to. Good luck in Alberta! I eagerly anticipate the next update. :)

    ReplyDelete