Friday, January 1, 2010

2010 is finally here!

Today, just as a day, deserves a post. It is the first day of the year 2010, the year all Canadian winter athletes have been waiting for and dreaming of. It's hard to believe that it's actually here and the wait is almost over!

I haven't actually mentioned this yet, but I'm one of the athletes long-listed for the 2010 Paralympic Games, and this is going to be my year to shine. No matter how I do in the Games, I will cherish every moment of this unique experience that comes along only once in a lifetime for a select few. And of course you are all welcome to come along for this unbelievable ride!

I have actually been sick with some annoying clingy cold for the last few days. But I'm much better today, and I hope to have left all sickness in 2009. Now the final stages of training begin.

I went for a nice long ski in the Gatineau Park today, and here's what it looked like


a veritable winter wonderland.

Lots and lots of snow has been falling slowly over Ottawa, and it's expected to continue doing so for the next little while. This means lots and lots of good skiing for a healthy me.

I leave for Europe on January 19. Until then, Robert and I have our work cut out for us. Lots of technical trails in the Gatinea Park to improve our guide-athlete sync, and lots of good intervals to get ourselves ready for whatever Europe will throw at us.

When the time comes, we will be ready.

For now though, Happy New Year and good night from the snowy nation's capital.

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely picture!

    Best of luck in Europe....

    Therese

    ReplyDelete