Sunday, January 24, 2010

Time to say a few thank you's

I was going to post this on the side of my blog, but I can't seem to find a way to do this, so I will put it in as a post and hope that some of these people get to see it.

There are a number of people I would like to thank for helping me get to this point in my ski career.


THANK YOU TO


My mom for being my inspiration for starting to ski and my chief motivator for continuing to train and race my best;


My dad for seeing me through almost every workout, giving guidance throughout my entire life and pushing my limits by doing the workouts with me;


My fiancé, Cliff, for believing in me no matter what and supporting me in everything I do;


My national coach, Jeff Whiting, for introducing me to competitive skiing in Canada, supporting all of us through countless competitions and keeping the whole Para-Nordic development movement in Canada going;


My Ontario coach, Patti Kittler, for working tirelessly on developing Para-Nordic skiing in Ontario, providing invaluable technique help to me and having an immeasurable amount of faith in me;


My club coach, Harris Kirby, for volunteering to help Para-Nordic racers and welcoming them into Kanata Nordic when he had no idea what Para-Nordic skiing was about and for always being ready to help with whatever is needed for our training and racing, including coming to the World Cups in Europe to wax for the team;


To my current guide, Robert d’Arras, for taking my family skiing from the very start and sticking by us this whole time and for volunteering to be my guide this season even though it required arranging time off work, which was not only difficult to do but also put him at a financial disadvantage;


My first guide, Sarah Mamen, for breaking trail as my first-ever full-time guide, while still attending university and having to write essays on all of our trips and for learning so much that she became an awesome guide;


And last but not least, my second guide, Linnaea Kershaw, for being ready for anything and jumping in to fill Sarah’s shoes at the last minute without the slightest hesitation.

No comments:

Post a Comment