Friday, March 19, 2010

Finally some down time

This is a post from March 17 that I wrote but was not able to post due to Internet problems.

Today was finally a low-key day. We went for a short classic ski on the five-km loop that we will be racing on tomorrow. It was in great shape, and both the zero skis and klister skis worked well today. It was really nice to finally be able to go for a classic ski. I’ve been skating for too long! Tomorrow’s race should be fun! Cliff and Kathleen will also be there to watch, so it’ll be great to see them afterwards.


I went out to Whistler and walked around with my parents for a couple of hours. I saw all the different plazas and hotels. It was St. Patty’s Day, so the Village was really festive. They also have a lot of Paralympics-related stuff set up, such as a little pavilion explaining the sports etc. They were broadcasting some of the events of the day at one of the plazas.

In other news, I got a certificate signed by John Furlong, CEO of VANOC, and Philip Craven, President of the IPC, for being 7th in the 15 km today. It appears that you get one if you’re in the top 7. Pretty awesome, eh?

Well, big race tomorrow, so I need to go to bed. The Internet is not working here right now, so I’ll have to post this tomorrow. Good night from the Athletes’ Village.

No comments:

Post a Comment